I live in Tampa, a city where a Category 1 hurricane and 50,000 Republicans are expected to arrive early next week. As a liberal-minded, suburban-living mom, these are harrowing prospects indeed. And as a Democrat generally opposed to most of the GOP’s agenda, the symbolism that this stormy little act of God pushing up the [...]
About Caroline Jorgensen
Caroline Jorgensen is an over-thinking mom of two boys currently living deep in the heart of a typical Florida suburban community, just outside the city limits of Tampa. She grew up as a Foreign Service brat and spent half of her childhood in Africa. But, life got a little more conventional once she settled down in the U.S. to attend college, begin a career in college admissions, and eventually start a family of her own. In 2005, she and her husband moved their family from Boston to Florida. Instead of continuing her career in college admissions, she lost her mind and decided to stay home to corral her two sons. While home, she began her personal blog Morningside Mom where she writes about parenting, politics, and any post-worthy topic in between. After eight years at home with her children, Caroline recently stepped back into the working world as a full-time writer, blogger and social media specialist.
It seems all sorts of folks have been speaking on my behalf about a few things. And I am referring to myself in the general “just your average mom” kind of way. As a typical, average mom who believes in equality, choice and, well, love (I know, sooooo feminist of me), these folks seem to [...]
I recently read about a Florida mom who went to Occupy Wall Street. The New York Post got wind of her story, proceeded to write about it but also implied in part that her actions were not particularly responsible. The Daily Kos goes into detail, explaining the support she had from her community so that [...]
There are two things you need to know about this picture. 1) It happens to be October, and so I have done a lot of recent writing about breast cancer risks and prevention. (Want to know them? Here’s what Susan G. Komen has to say.) 2) I was shopping for wine when I took this [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- Will My Ice Floe Have Starbucks and Wi-fi? May 15, 2013
- The Doubled Edged Sword of Murder Charges Against Ariel Castro May 21, 2013
- What is REALLY Important to Military Families May 21, 2013
- College Debt Has a Female Face May 20, 2013
- Workers Have Advice for President Obama May 20, 2013
- President’s Woes Don’t Equal Watergate May 18, 2013
- Beverly Uhlmer: Thank you, Deb. I have lived in several different...
- Gena: P.S. Code switching is not slang. It is the abilit...
- Saad: My dear, excuse my typos... I certainly didn't p...
- deb: Hi Jamie, As you can imagine, we will have to a...
- Gena: Excuse me. The word is spelled English. Now being ...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter