With all the chatter around the internet of a possible presidential run for Hillary Clinton in 2016, there has been a lot of talk about teaching our daughters to reach for what they want. Heck, if my daughter wanted to be President I would start paving the way today! EMILY’s List has just announced its [...]
About Danielle Elwood
Managing Editor of The Broad Side Danielle A. Elwood is a parenting blogger who started writing in 2008 after the birth of her first child. Through four years and three children, Danielle expanded her website to include her liberal political opinions and pro-choice background. Danielle writes her self titled site DanielleElwood.com and is a freelance parenting blogger for Babble.com.
When I moved 1,200 miles with my family from Connecticut to Florida I didn’t think the political culture would bother me much. I am extremely liberal, and I don’t think living in a different part of the country is going to change my beliefs. But one thing I have discovered is a lack of fairness [...]
Wall Street Journal!! You are killin’ me! The “Mommy Business Trip?” Really? Since when did business trips start to be defined by our parental status, because I am pretty damn sure I have never heard of the “Daddy Business Trip.” Let us take a walk down memory lane to 2010 when I went on my [...]
Hold on to your gold chains and confederate flags because the discussion of race is once again front and center in the media. This time inspired by LL Cool J and Brad Paisley’s new song The Accidental Racist. Honestly, I just wish the whole race discussion would disappear. It pisses me off. I know this [...]
I have always had this stereotypical, internal struggle about feminism and being a girly-girl who loves sparkly things and spa days. Especially when it comes to raising a daughter. No, seriously. Hear me out. There are so many types of parenting. Gender neutral being one of them, which for a while I truly tried. But [...]
Congratulations to the media on being giant assholes. Hear me out on this. Uber-celebrity Kim Kardashian is pregnant; yes, we have all figured that out by now. It has been on the cover of nearly every magazine since her baby bearing status was announced months ago. Celebrity baby bumps grace the cover of many of [...]
If I were to say I liked Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, I would be a liar. In fact, since he was appointed by President George W. Bush in 2005, I think the Supreme Court has become more conservative than it should be. This week the Supreme Court will hear two arguments on DOMA, [...]
The past 24 hours have left me completely disgusted with the news coverage surrounding the two Steubenville, Ohio football players who were convicted of raping a classmate. In the wake of the verdict, a plethora of media outlets have discussed the poor boys and how absolutely harsh the verdict was, mainly because these two football [...]
I came across an interesting infographic that was published by Duke University and the statistics on married women in the workplace vs. unmarried women are historically interesting. To the extent that married women were employed it was in the field of domestic service, not surprising by any means since that was one of the most [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- When Big Pharma “Strong” Arms Mothers, We All Lose May 6, 2013
- College Debt Has a Female Face May 20, 2013
- Workers Have Advice for President Obama May 20, 2013
- President’s Woes Don’t Equal Watergate May 18, 2013
- Angelina the Amazon May 17, 2013
- 6 Things You Need To Know Right Now: Scandals Abound! May 17, 2013
- Veronica Arreola: Thank you! Brenda just sent me this link to a woma...
- tinfoil hattie: Oh, I so,relate to that. And I am so sorry for you...
- Bernadine Spitzsnogel: What a terrible choice these women are forced to m...
- Bernadine Spitzsnogel: Will just makes me laugh out loud....
- Holly: Great summary of in real life scandals....
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter