I have an eight-year-old son, and as much as I have tried to steer him to playtime activities that don’t involve an element of violence, it hasn’t worked. For years, I allowed no violent toys. No violent video games, no Lego sets that came with guns, no Nerf guns, no water guns, nothing. Yet, every [...]
Jodi is one of the few native Washingtonians actually living in Washington. She works part time as an attorney and lives with her husband, Doug, her son, Michael, as well as a dog, Foster, who has many, many issues. She started her personal blog Jodifur because her husband kept telling her she reads so many blogs so might as well write one. She hasn’t stopped for four plus years. She also Twitters, a lot, and is on Facebook too.
I am obsessed with the John Edwards trial. I’ve been obsessed with this story since it first broke, even going so far as to read Andrew Young’s book about the scandal, “The Politician.” It has everything you could want in a modern scandal. Sex! Intrigue! Money! Even a sex tape! Edwards is charged with six [...]
I have been obsessed with the John Edwards mistress/campaign finance misuse story since it broke. Maybe it is because I was always an Edwards supporter and I still believe there are “two Americas.” Maybe it is because I still can not fathom that any human being can be dumb enough to believe they will get [...]
A lot has been made of Newt Gingrich being third in the GOP polls. And one of the biggest things people are saying is “Newt Gingrich? But he is SO MEAN.” But what do we want in our president? Does the leader of the free world have to be nice? When I think of characteristics [...]
During President Obama’s speech last week, when he said “millions of Americans are out of work and have been out of work for quite some time” my eyes swelled with tears. Because we are one of the millions. Three weeks ago my husband was laid off. Before that we had done everything right. He worked [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- Will My Ice Floe Have Starbucks and Wi-fi? May 15, 2013
- Pope Francis on Religious Tolerance: Do Good. We Will Meet One Another There May 23, 2013
- Voting ‘Yes’ for Schools, But ‘No’ to Giving My Time May 23, 2013
- It’s Not Nice to Fool Mother Nature: Are Tornadoes Getting Worse? May 23, 2013
- The Sound of One Hand Praying? May 22, 2013
- Pussy Riot: Feminist Punk Icons on Film May 22, 2013
- Renae: This is a fantastic article, and it brought tears ...
- tracy thompson: The college pressure on teenage girls is incredibl...
- Joan Haskins: Terrific article, Tina!...
- Tina: Thanks Amy. Jen, you're singing my song....
- Rebecca: Loved this piece - I completely agree that we need...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter