The “bad” moms of Queensland, Australia are on notice — a new law is being considered that will put the “rights of the unborn child should be considered ahead of the mother,” according to the Queensland police union. The AAP reports: “Those children also deserve the right to a full life and health and should [...]
About Robin Marty
Robin Marty is the Senior Political Reporter for RH Reality Check. A freelance writer and speaker, Robin tracks state restrictions on reproductive health care rights. Robin’s political, women’s rights and reproductive articles and personal writings have appeared at Ms. Magazine, Truth Out, Alternet, BlogHer and Care2. She has been featured in panels at Netroots Nation, the National Conference For Media Reform, National Organizing Institute and NARAL Pro-Choice South Dakota. Robin’s first book, Crow After Roe: How Women’s Health Is the New “Separate But Equal” and How to Change That with lawyer Jessica Mason Pieklo will be released in Spring, 2013 by IG Publishing.
Most Republicans are trying to run on “traditional values” like family (as long as it’s a two parent, male/female one), church, and the type of old-fashioned gender roles that would make the Cleaver Family proud. Tommy Thompson? Now he is a traditional Republican. Fighting for his political life in a tight race for Senate against [...]
Anyone who has seen the first season of Showtime’s “The Tudors” knows a couple of things: Henry the VIII really, really enjoyed his buxom courtiers, and Thomas More did not come to a good end. The bastion of the Catholic church and moral compass of right and wrong, once a great power and friend to [...]
Reproductive rights revolve explicitly around the argument that all medical procedures should be between a woman, her doctor, and, when applicable, her partner or family. There is no other case than in a woman’s right to choose where so many politicians, activists and outright strangers feel it is not only their job but their actual [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- Will My Ice Floe Have Starbucks and Wi-fi? May 15, 2013
- The Sound of One Hand Praying? May 22, 2013
- Pussy Riot: Feminist Punk Icons on Film May 22, 2013
- Two Very Different Takes on Working Family Flexiblity May 22, 2013
- The Doubled Edged Sword of Murder Charges Against Ariel Castro May 21, 2013
- What is REALLY Important to Military Families May 21, 2013
- Tina: This article confirms our decisions about college....
- Joanne Bamberger: @Jonathan, That is an excellent point. We should ...
- Jonathan Menon: Not that this comment of mine has any real relevan...
- Christina Gleason @ WELL, in THIS House: I think this would make a huge difference in the e...
- Beverly Uhlmer: Thank you, Deb. I have lived in several different...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter