Yesterday, the news broke that Susan G. Komen for the Cure, a major funder of breast cancer prevention in the United States, will be withdrawing their support to Planned Parenthood for breast cancer screenings. Komen has been making grants to Planned Parenthood since 2005, usually around half a million dollars per year. The stated reason [...]
Tag Archives | breast cancer and abortion
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- Will My Ice Floe Have Starbucks and Wi-fi? May 15, 2013
- The Sound of One Hand Praying? May 22, 2013
- Pussy Riot: Feminist Punk Icons on Film May 22, 2013
- Two Very Different Takes on Working Family Flexiblity May 22, 2013
- The Doubled Edged Sword of Murder Charges Against Ariel Castro May 21, 2013
- What is REALLY Important to Military Families May 21, 2013
- Tina: This article confirms our decisions about college....
- Joanne Bamberger: @Jonathan, That is an excellent point. We should ...
- Jonathan Menon: Not that this comment of mine has any real relevan...
- Christina Gleason @ WELL, in THIS House: I think this would make a huge difference in the e...
- Beverly Uhlmer: Thank you, Deb. I have lived in several different...
2012 election 2012 presidential campaign abortion affordable care act Barack Obama children commentary Congress economy education elections featured feminism food gun control guns gun violence health health care health care reform HIllary Clinton Lean in Life Marissa Mayer Mitt Romney motherhood Newtown parenting Politics President Obama reproductive rights Republicans Roe v. Wade same sex marriage Sandy Hook Elementary School sexism Sheryl Sandberg Supreme Court Women women's health Women Online work/life work/life issues working mothers Yahoo
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter