When I read that the Susan G. Komen Foundation withdrew financial support of Planned Parenthood’s screening services, I was stunned. The partnership of two respected organizations working together to help women get the preventive care they need seemed to be such a natural affiliation. I couldn’t imagine what could cause such a rift. Well, I [...]
Yesterday, the news broke that Susan G. Komen for the Cure, a major funder of breast cancer prevention in the United States, will be withdrawing their support to Planned Parenthood for breast cancer screenings. Komen has been making grants to Planned Parenthood since 2005, usually around half a million dollars per year. The stated reason [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- Voting ‘Yes’ for Schools, But ‘No’ to Giving My Time May 23, 2013
- Silver Bullets? I’d Rather Have Chocolate Ones May 24, 2013
- 6 Things You Need To Know Right Now: Money Makes The World Go ‘Round May 24, 2013
- Broad of the Week: The Latina Rebel of the Civil War May 24, 2013
- Wolf Blitzer’s Faith-Based Journalism in Oklahoma May 24, 2013
- Pope Francis on Religious Tolerance: Do Good. We Will Meet One Another There May 23, 2013
- Tina: Thanks for reading Sara, it's nice to know there ...
- Anne: I thought I could read this quickly and move on th...
- Ana Homayoun: Thanks for your feedback, Rebecca - glad you enjoy...
- Ana Homayoun: Hi Tracy, Yes, I completely agree! The pressure to...
- Sara Broers: AMEN! You nailed this. I can see myself throughou...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter