Stay in school! Graduate! Register to vote! These are the subversive messages the Obamas have been trying to get into our children’s schools! Remember a couple of years ago when some super conservative Americans decried the fact that President Obama was going to make a “stay in school” speech to be streamed into classrooms? Many [...]
No matter whether Mitt Romney finishes first, second or third in the Iowa Republican caucuses tonight, he “wins” and becomes what he has been all along–the presumptive GOP nominee. Those Democrats who believe the parade of horribles in GOP debates and endless rounds of television interviews have helped President Barack Obama’s re-election chances are doing [...]
I am a partisan progressive. I am 34 years old, vote in every mid-term and presidential election and have never voted for a Republican in my life. I am a social justice activist and am married to one of the most prominent progressive activists in the country, Markos Moulitsas, publisher of the Daily Kos. You [...]
The approach of the Iowa Republican caucuses inspires me to think about other irredeemably bad ideas. Among the thousands free-floating in the political atmosphere, one stands above all others as having the worst consequences for pretty much every part of the Democratic Party–with the exception of affluent, educated liberals who are now and always have [...]
It was an all-ages crowd at the Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center in Roxbury that Sunday. As I arrived with my ten-year-old son, I encountered a dad escorting three six-to-eight year-old girls inside to hear Elizabeth Warren speak. The older woman sitting in front of us had worked for Ted Kennedy and the late [...]
I get asked often why I decided to take this trip, this year around my own country. There are many answers I give, depending on the time allotted and the perceived interest of the person asking. Once in a while, if I suspect someone really cares about hearing the long answer, I’ll talk about my [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- When Big Pharma “Strong” Arms Mothers, We All Lose May 6, 2013
- College Debt Has a Female Face May 20, 2013
- Workers Have Advice for President Obama May 20, 2013
- President’s Woes Don’t Equal Watergate May 18, 2013
- Angelina the Amazon May 17, 2013
- 6 Things You Need To Know Right Now: Scandals Abound! May 17, 2013
- Veronica Arreola: Thank you! Brenda just sent me this link to a woma...
- tinfoil hattie: Oh, I so,relate to that. And I am so sorry for you...
- Bernadine Spitzsnogel: What a terrible choice these women are forced to m...
- Bernadine Spitzsnogel: Will just makes me laugh out loud....
- Holly: Great summary of in real life scandals....
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter