There may be a big election in a few days, but here in the parts of New Jersey, New York and other areas that fell victim to the worst of Hurricane Sandy’s wrath, I’m not sure quite as many people remember or care. As President Obama and Mitt Romney continue on the campaign trail, stumping [...]
This is the fourth in a series of posts about why I find myself, a historical Democrat, becoming conflicted about who I will vote for this year. I guess I’m a swing voter. I’m worried about footing the bill for Baby Boomer retirement, I’m still not over the fact that Hillary Clinton lost and then [...]
Early voting has started and for the first time in my life I’m a swing voter. I have voted the Democratic ticket since I turned 18. My first presidential candidate was Bill Clinton. Full disclosure: When I didn’t know who a candidate, judge or other elected administrator was, I voted for Democrats and women. But [...]
As November quickly approaches, there is no sign that the big three issues — the economy, gay rights, and women’s reproductive freedoms — are going to give up their firm hold on the national political stage. With both candidates keeping their eye on those issues with which they’re strongest — President Obama focusing heavily on [...]
Twitter may be all atwitter with talk of the newly announced “GOP Dream Team”, but what everyone’s really thinking is, “Hey Mittens, don’t screw this up!” Paul Ryan is this year’s conservative golden boy. He’s a blue-collar raised, young gun, budgetary pen wielding, economic whiz kid who’s not afraid of a little hard work, has [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- When Big Pharma “Strong” Arms Mothers, We All Lose May 6, 2013
- President’s Woes Don’t Equal Watergate May 18, 2013
- Angelina the Amazon May 17, 2013
- 6 Things You Need To Know Right Now: Scandals Abound! May 17, 2013
- The IRS & the Tea Party: Nonprofits Need More Scrutiny, Not Less May 17, 2013
- “Weigh-cism” in America May 16, 2013
- Holly: Great summary of in real life scandals....
- Gena: No. I will not stop being African-American, Black ...
- deb: thanks for your nice comment SJ. "laughing at ot...
- deb: somehow my responses got out of order - just clari...
- deb: thanks susan!...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter