Novelist Fay Weldon instructs us that, “Comedy is the most crucial thing we have left in a world that’s coming apart.” Comedy in all its familiar forms–from novels to films, from cartoons to stand-up comedy, from humor in the workplace to humor in intimate relationships–can help women recognize new sources of power within themselves. The [...]
Last night President Obama took the stage and delivered his fifth State of the Union address. A couple of our writers, including myself took over twitter with the #SOTUBroads hashtag which actually trended for a period of time. Who would have thought our writers could drum up such a big stir? Maybe the lovely First [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- Will My Ice Floe Have Starbucks and Wi-fi? May 15, 2013
- The Doubled Edged Sword of Murder Charges Against Ariel Castro May 21, 2013
- What is REALLY Important to Military Families May 21, 2013
- College Debt Has a Female Face May 20, 2013
- Workers Have Advice for President Obama May 20, 2013
- President’s Woes Don’t Equal Watergate May 18, 2013
- Jamie: A friend of mine shared this article on Facebook. ...
- Danielle Elwood: @Catherine - Thank you for your comment. Unfortuna...
- Catherine Brockette: Danielle: I feel you are raising a conflict tha...
- Bernadine Spitzsnogel: Parents MUST have this discussion with their child...
- Veronica Arreola: Thank you! Brenda just sent me this link to a woma...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter