In spring 1987, I was the public relations director for a private women’s hospital in the southeast. One day that year started with a press conference about triplets conceived through a new In Vitro Fertilization program at the hospital. The day ended with me as a patient in the same facility, suffering a miscarriage from [...]
Reproductive rights revolve explicitly around the argument that all medical procedures should be between a woman, her doctor, and, when applicable, her partner or family. There is no other case than in a woman’s right to choose where so many politicians, activists and outright strangers feel it is not only their job but their actual [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- Will My Ice Floe Have Starbucks and Wi-fi? May 15, 2013
- Pussy Riot: Feminist Punk Icons on Film May 22, 2013
- Two Very Different Takes on Working Family Flexiblity May 22, 2013
- The Doubled Edged Sword of Murder Charges Against Ariel Castro May 21, 2013
- What is REALLY Important to Military Families May 21, 2013
- College Debt Has a Female Face May 20, 2013
- Christina Gleason @ WELL, in THIS House: I think this would make a huge difference in the e...
- Beverly Uhlmer: Thank you, Deb. I have lived in several different...
- Gena: P.S. Code switching is not slang. It is the abilit...
- Saad: My dear, excuse my typos... I certainly didn't p...
- deb: Hi Jamie, As you can imagine, we will have to a...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter