If some Iowa lawmakers have their way, The Hawkeye State will be at at the forefront of taking the nation’s divorce laws back to the 1950s. An Iowa State House subcommittee has approved a bill that, if passed, would make it harder for couples to divorce. Specifically, the bill would make “no fault” divorces — [...]
Rick Santorum is holier than thou. Truth be told, I’m actually surprised that Rick Santorum hasn’t been the obvious frontrunner long before this, as GOP primary voters tend to be far more conservative than the rest of the population. This is a clear example of where the media has had an impact – deciding who [...]
My name is Sonia. I’m a 39-year old mother of four (we have two sons, two daughters), I have an undergraduate degree, three jobs (one of which is my own small business), I volunteer in my community and am a native Iowan. I haven’t lived here my entire life given the time on the East [...]
No matter whether Mitt Romney finishes first, second or third in the Iowa Republican caucuses tonight, he “wins” and becomes what he has been all along–the presumptive GOP nominee. Those Democrats who believe the parade of horribles in GOP debates and endless rounds of television interviews have helped President Barack Obama’s re-election chances are doing [...]
Ready for the Iowa caucuses? Interested in what really goes on there? Guest contributor and Iowan Sonia Walsh wrote about her experience four years ago. We thought we’d re-post it here for some perspective on the inscrutable process! I would be quite remiss if I didn’t mention that today is a pretty big day around [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- When Big Pharma “Strong” Arms Mothers, We All Lose May 6, 2013
- President’s Woes Don’t Equal Watergate May 18, 2013
- Angelina the Amazon May 17, 2013
- 6 Things You Need To Know Right Now: Scandals Abound! May 17, 2013
- The IRS & the Tea Party: Nonprofits Need More Scrutiny, Not Less May 17, 2013
- “Weigh-cism” in America May 16, 2013
- Bernadine Spitzsnogel: What a terrible choice these women are forced to m...
- Bernadine Spitzsnogel: Will just makes me laugh out loud....
- Holly: Great summary of in real life scandals....
- Gena: No. I will not stop being African-American, Black ...
- deb: thanks for your nice comment SJ. "laughing at ot...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter