When I read that the Susan G. Komen Foundation withdrew financial support of Planned Parenthood’s screening services, I was stunned. The partnership of two respected organizations working together to help women get the preventive care they need seemed to be such a natural affiliation. I couldn’t imagine what could cause such a rift. Well, I [...]
Yesterday, the news broke that Susan G. Komen for the Cure, a major funder of breast cancer prevention in the United States, will be withdrawing their support to Planned Parenthood for breast cancer screenings. Komen has been making grants to Planned Parenthood since 2005, usually around half a million dollars per year. The stated reason [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- When Big Pharma “Strong” Arms Mothers, We All Lose May 6, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- College Debt Has a Female Face May 20, 2013
- Workers Have Advice for President Obama May 20, 2013
- President’s Woes Don’t Equal Watergate May 18, 2013
- Angelina the Amazon May 17, 2013
- 6 Things You Need To Know Right Now: Scandals Abound! May 17, 2013
- Veronica Arreola: Thank you! Brenda just sent me this link to a woma...
- tinfoil hattie: Oh, I so,relate to that. And I am so sorry for you...
- Bernadine Spitzsnogel: What a terrible choice these women are forced to m...
- Bernadine Spitzsnogel: Will just makes me laugh out loud....
- Holly: Great summary of in real life scandals....
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter