If Hillary Clinton kicked off this week as a good one for gay marriage proponents—and she did—what started off good is moving toward banner status. Thursday, the American Academy of Pediatrics declared its support for same-sex marriage. If gay and lesbian parents choose to marry, that, the official statement declares, is in the best interests [...]
I don’t care. I don’t care about a lot of things that a lot of good people believe that, if I were a good person with a soul, I should care about. They care about it, so it appears to follow that everyone needs to care about it. Or the world will end. Or there will be injustice. [...]
Last week’s global news coverage focused on the resignation of the Pope and the nuclear activity of North Korea. However, neither one of these global news topics is at the forefront in my mind. On Tuesday, I read a story about France’s National Assembly passing legislation on to their Senate that would legalize gay marriage. [...]
It seems all sorts of folks have been speaking on my behalf about a few things. And I am referring to myself in the general “just your average mom” kind of way. As a typical, average mom who believes in equality, choice and, well, love (I know, sooooo feminist of me), these folks seem to [...]
Smart women around the web have so much to say. Things that ought to be making their way into the op-ed pages or the op-ed online space, but don’t. That’s the whole reason The Broad Side was born! This week, I’ve got some Broads of the Week whose thoughts and opinions I’ think you’ll enjoy! [...]
If you haven’t had the chance to read the post titled “My Son is Gay” by @nerdyapple, please do yourself a favor and read it then come back. (please come back? my self-worth depends on your return to read my post. i’m needy like that.) If you don’t go read it or haven’t yet, it’s [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- Will My Ice Floe Have Starbucks and Wi-fi? May 15, 2013
- The Doubled Edged Sword of Murder Charges Against Ariel Castro May 21, 2013
- What is REALLY Important to Military Families May 21, 2013
- College Debt Has a Female Face May 20, 2013
- Workers Have Advice for President Obama May 20, 2013
- President’s Woes Don’t Equal Watergate May 18, 2013
- Gena: Excuse me. The word is spelled English. Now being ...
- Saad: That is ignorant, Gena. I happen to know the OLDES...
- Jamie: A friend of mine shared this article on Facebook. ...
- Danielle Elwood: @Catherine - Thank you for your comment. Unfortuna...
- Catherine Brockette: Danielle: I feel you are raising a conflict tha...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter