How voters view health care and women’s jobs will have a major impact on the outcome of the presidential election. I say this, not because I’m a pundit or a pollster, but because of what I see in my job as a doctor. As a hospital physician, I’m often faced with patients who can no [...]
“The Republican platform and the speaker lineup for the Republican National Convention demonstrate a fundamental disregard for women and women’s health.” Spoken by the president of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, we can safely assume that the speaker is most interested in reproductive health policy. I argue that too often we conflate attention to and [...]
Back in March, ahead of the Supreme Court’s decision on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, I wondered what might happen to the Medicaid expansion. The question before the court in Florida v. Health and Human Services was whether the federal government could require states to expand their Medicaid eligibility and whether, if states [...]
By now, just about everyone knows that the Supreme Court is reviewing the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The Court is spending three days – an eternity by normal argument-length standards – considering the finer points of what exactly constitutes a tax, how a tax differs from a penalty, and the finer points of [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- Will My Ice Floe Have Starbucks and Wi-fi? May 15, 2013
- Pope Francis on Religious Tolerance: Do Good. We Will Meet One Another There May 23, 2013
- Voting ‘Yes’ for Schools, But ‘No’ to Giving My Time May 23, 2013
- It’s Not Nice to Fool Mother Nature: Are Tornadoes Getting Worse? May 23, 2013
- The Sound of One Hand Praying? May 22, 2013
- Pussy Riot: Feminist Punk Icons on Film May 22, 2013
- Renae: This is a fantastic article, and it brought tears ...
- tracy thompson: The college pressure on teenage girls is incredibl...
- Joan Haskins: Terrific article, Tina!...
- Tina: Thanks Amy. Jen, you're singing my song....
- Rebecca: Loved this piece - I completely agree that we need...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter