Although the Vatican is a landlocked sovereign state, its culture is very much Italian. The Italian society is riddled with feuds, popes and vendettas. But it is formal and there are rules. Chief among these are silence, privacy and shrewdness. The rules don’t change whether you are from the seemingly friendlier sun-baked south or rigid [...]
This is rad. I hope that if you ever have a question like this that you ask me. I think it shows initiative and a deep sense of compassion to want to say and do the right thing. Also, four-year-olds are hilarious. So, let’s talk about ninjas versus niqabis. (A niqab is the veil [...]
I’m a swing voter, early voting has already started, and I’m not yet sure who I’m going to vote for. In a previous post, I’m a Swing Voter: I’m Older, Wiser and Resent Baby Boomers I shared that I’ve been a Democrat since I was 18 and had the privilege of voting for Bill Clinton. I’ve since [...]
Rick Santorum is holier than thou. Truth be told, I’m actually surprised that Rick Santorum hasn’t been the obvious frontrunner long before this, as GOP primary voters tend to be far more conservative than the rest of the population. This is a clear example of where the media has had an impact – deciding who [...]
It’s not hard to find amazing commentary writing by women around the web, which is why it surprises me that many mainstream outlets claim they don’t have more women on their rosters because, you know, ladies just aren’t writing it! So I’m happy to highlight these amazing writers in this week’s edition of Broads of [...]
Mitt Romney is the front runner for the Republican nomination for president in the 2012 elections, by many accounts. That is, if some Christian pastors don’t convince their congregations that it’s unacceptable to vote for a Mormon and persist in perpetuating fictions about the Mormon faith. I, personally, know quite a bit about the Mormon [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- Will My Ice Floe Have Starbucks and Wi-fi? May 15, 2013
- The Sound of One Hand Praying? May 22, 2013
- Pussy Riot: Feminist Punk Icons on Film May 22, 2013
- Two Very Different Takes on Working Family Flexiblity May 22, 2013
- The Doubled Edged Sword of Murder Charges Against Ariel Castro May 21, 2013
- What is REALLY Important to Military Families May 21, 2013
- Tina: This article confirms our decisions about college....
- Joanne Bamberger: @Jonathan, That is an excellent point. We should ...
- Jonathan Menon: Not that this comment of mine has any real relevan...
- Christina Gleason @ WELL, in THIS House: I think this would make a huge difference in the e...
- Beverly Uhlmer: Thank you, Deb. I have lived in several different...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter