Oops, he did it again! President Obama has decided that he knows what is best for young women in the United States. In late 2011, he decided that young women need a prescription to obtain Plan B, otherwise known as the morning-after pill. He urged us to use common sense and pulled the daddy card. [...]
When I moved 1,200 miles with my family from Connecticut to Florida I didn’t think the political culture would bother me much. I am extremely liberal, and I don’t think living in a different part of the country is going to change my beliefs. But one thing I have discovered is a lack of fairness [...]
I recently attended the National Young Feminist Leadership Conference (NYFLC), hosted by the Feminist Majority Foundation in Arlington, Virginia. One of the great things about feminism is that it encompasses such a broad range of issues. Health care, politics, economics and gun control are all feminist issues, and were all discussed at NYFLC. In light [...]
6 Things You Need to Know Right Now: The Sequester, Abortion Bowl-a-Thons & CNN vs. Real Journalists
It is that time of the week again! A lot has gone on in the media this week. Most of which has focused around Yahoo! and Marissa Mayer, and we can assure you that my 6 Things You Need to Know Right Now will not include either! Instead we’re going to dive into various other [...]
Last week Joanne introduced our new weekly feature called 6 Things You Need to Know Right Now, putting together the best content from all over the internet in one place. Like one stop shopping! Who doesn’t love that? This week we have all kinds of goodies! 1. Arkansas vs. Abortion Rights – The state of [...]
What is the legacy of Roe v. Wade 40 years later? To someone who has grown up in a post-Roe world, with friends and family members on both sides of the abortion debate, it seems to me that in the last 40 years our nation has grown more sharply divided, more deeply distrustful, and farther [...]
In 1973, I was an optimistic young person about the way things seemed to be moving on women’s rights, especially with regard to making our own health decisions. 1973 was the year the Supreme Court handed down the decision Roe v. Wade, which guaranteed that states could not deny women the right to have an [...]
The Broad Side contributors Robin Marty and Jessica Pieklo have been working long and hard on their book about what has happened to women’s reproductive rights since the Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade in 1973 through today. On the 40th anniversary of the historic ruling that guaranteed a woman’s right to decide her [...]
Anyone who has seen the first season of Showtime’s “The Tudors” knows a couple of things: Henry the VIII really, really enjoyed his buxom courtiers, and Thomas More did not come to a good end. The bastion of the Catholic church and moral compass of right and wrong, once a great power and friend to [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- When Big Pharma “Strong” Arms Mothers, We All Lose May 6, 2013
- College Debt Has a Female Face May 20, 2013
- Workers Have Advice for President Obama May 20, 2013
- President’s Woes Don’t Equal Watergate May 18, 2013
- Angelina the Amazon May 17, 2013
- 6 Things You Need To Know Right Now: Scandals Abound! May 17, 2013
- Veronica Arreola: Thank you! Brenda just sent me this link to a woma...
- tinfoil hattie: Oh, I so,relate to that. And I am so sorry for you...
- Bernadine Spitzsnogel: What a terrible choice these women are forced to m...
- Bernadine Spitzsnogel: Will just makes me laugh out loud....
- Holly: Great summary of in real life scandals....
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter