Bill Clinton wants everyone to hush with the Hillary talk. It’s a waste of time, he says. “She’s taking a role in the foundation, she’s writing books, she’s having a little fun being a private citizen for the first time in 20 years,” Clinton said this week during the Peter G. Peterson Foundation’s 2013 Fiscal [...]
Listen up, working moms and dads: Rep. Eric Cantor has a deal for you — more time to spend with your family! What’s not to like? Except for one hitch: You get to spend more time with your family only after you’ve been forced to spend more time at work away from your family. And [...]
The truth of it is this: making someone laugh at someone else’s expense fosters connection. It’s true at the playground and the water cooler and, so, it’s tragically true in the ethereal space of public discourse. A well played “zinger” has four important characteristics: it must be clever, it must be funny, it must be [...]
Why would a young elected Latina be voting for Mitt Romney? That’s probably a question many people would ask in light of Mitt Romney’s low poll numbers with the Hispanic community. And it looks like Marilinda Garcia, a Republican legislator in New Hampshire, has answered. And it involves the theme that Romney and the GOP [...]
Have you ever played the childhood game “One of These Things is Not Like the Other?” Have you ever been that Thing? When I had my first real job in the corporate world I remember a time I was waiting in the elevator bank to go to up my new office. I was living in [...]
Stay in school! Graduate! Register to vote! These are the subversive messages the Obamas have been trying to get into our children’s schools! Remember a couple of years ago when some super conservative Americans decried the fact that President Obama was going to make a “stay in school” speech to be streamed into classrooms? Many [...]
My name is Sonia. I’m a 39-year old mother of four (we have two sons, two daughters), I have an undergraduate degree, three jobs (one of which is my own small business), I volunteer in my community and am a native Iowan. I haven’t lived here my entire life given the time on the East [...]
No matter whether Mitt Romney finishes first, second or third in the Iowa Republican caucuses tonight, he “wins” and becomes what he has been all along–the presumptive GOP nominee. Those Democrats who believe the parade of horribles in GOP debates and endless rounds of television interviews have helped President Barack Obama’s re-election chances are doing [...]
I am a partisan progressive. I am 34 years old, vote in every mid-term and presidential election and have never voted for a Republican in my life. I am a social justice activist and am married to one of the most prominent progressive activists in the country, Markos Moulitsas, publisher of the Daily Kos. You [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- Will My Ice Floe Have Starbucks and Wi-fi? May 15, 2013
- The Doubled Edged Sword of Murder Charges Against Ariel Castro May 21, 2013
- What is REALLY Important to Military Families May 21, 2013
- College Debt Has a Female Face May 20, 2013
- Workers Have Advice for President Obama May 20, 2013
- President’s Woes Don’t Equal Watergate May 18, 2013
- Saad: My dear, excuse my typos... I certainly didn't p...
- Gena: Excuse me. The word is spelled English. Now being ...
- Saad: That is ignorant, Gena. I happen to know the OLDES...
- Jamie: A friend of mine shared this article on Facebook. ...
- Danielle Elwood: @Catherine - Thank you for your comment. Unfortuna...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter