When I think of the term abortion, I always think of a woman at a life altering crossroads of her life. A tough decision that women unfortunately have to make sometimes. I can honestly say, I don’t wish the thought process on anyone, because it is extremely difficult. In Iowa, lawmakers are hard at work [...]
What is the legacy of Roe v. Wade 40 years later? To someone who has grown up in a post-Roe world, with friends and family members on both sides of the abortion debate, it seems to me that in the last 40 years our nation has grown more sharply divided, more deeply distrustful, and farther [...]
Two distinct fortieth anniversaries are knit together in my mind this month: the Roe vs. Wade decision reaches 40 just a couple of months after Free to Be You and Me got there. One is a Supreme Court decision about the right to abortion and the other is a children’s book and record about challenging [...]
In 1973, I was an optimistic young person about the way things seemed to be moving on women’s rights, especially with regard to making our own health decisions. 1973 was the year the Supreme Court handed down the decision Roe v. Wade, which guaranteed that states could not deny women the right to have an [...]
In just a few days, we will mark the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court decision that ruled that our Constitutional right to privacy under the due process clause of the 14th Amendment extends to a woman’s decision to have an abortion. Whether you agree with the still controversial ruling, or opinion [...]
As we approach the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the Guttmacher Institute has created a series of info-graphics to clarify the facts about abortion in our country. Regardless of where you stand on the issue, I have to hope that graphics like these will help us to have a more honest conversation about birth [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- When Big Pharma “Strong” Arms Mothers, We All Lose May 6, 2013
- President’s Woes Don’t Equal Watergate May 18, 2013
- Angelina the Amazon May 17, 2013
- 6 Things You Need To Know Right Now: Scandals Abound! May 17, 2013
- The IRS & the Tea Party: Nonprofits Need More Scrutiny, Not Less May 17, 2013
- “Weigh-cism” in America May 16, 2013
- Holly: Great summary of in real life scandals....
- Gena: No. I will not stop being African-American, Black ...
- deb: thanks for your nice comment SJ. "laughing at ot...
- deb: somehow my responses got out of order - just clari...
- deb: thanks susan!...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter