There’s plenty of sexism and downright misogyny among talking heads and commentators to go around. Neither the left not the right has a lock on who’s worse. As many people, including myself, have called out Rush Limbaugh for his recent remarks calling a Georgetown law student a “slut” and a “prostitute” for her stand on [...]
For the past month, I have felt under assault. At every turn, someone in the political space was talking about some aspect of women’s sexuality and doing it in a way that was intended to limit it. My neighbors to the south in Virginia – as well as in other states – were fighting their [...]
Whatever happened to good old American ingenuity? What happened to having a back-up plan? All of this bickering about vaginas and amendments, about who’s getting calls from the President and who’s not, about who started cursing at women first and who just followed suit, is missing the point. There’s more than one way to skin [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- Will My Ice Floe Have Starbucks and Wi-fi? May 15, 2013
- The Doubled Edged Sword of Murder Charges Against Ariel Castro May 21, 2013
- What is REALLY Important to Military Families May 21, 2013
- College Debt Has a Female Face May 20, 2013
- Workers Have Advice for President Obama May 20, 2013
- President’s Woes Don’t Equal Watergate May 18, 2013
- Saad: My dear, excuse my typos... I certainly didn't p...
- Gena: Excuse me. The word is spelled English. Now being ...
- Saad: That is ignorant, Gena. I happen to know the OLDES...
- Jamie: A friend of mine shared this article on Facebook. ...
- Danielle Elwood: @Catherine - Thank you for your comment. Unfortuna...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter