There are so many women around the web writing about important issues every week. You’d never know from the general conversations surrounding the women often called “mom bloggers.” And I got laughed at a couple of times this week at a book event for Mothers of Intention: How Women and Social Media are Revolutionizing Politics [...]
Let me start by stating that despite what this post sounds like, I am not male bashing. I happen to have some incredibly good male friendships and a very strong marriage. I have worked with male mentors and have a male babysitter. This post is not about my disdain for men in general. But I [...]
I hate to break it to Gloria Cain, but I think she might be in denial about her husband Herman. For Hillary Clinton, accusations against her husband President Bill Clinton about potential sexual extra-curricular activities could only be viewed as part of an ongoing “vast right wing conspiracy.” The late Elizabeth Edwards initially believed that [...]
As I watch the Penn State interim president give a press conference live on CNN, I’m struck by the interesting parallels of two current stories. * Penn State’s president to victims of abuse: We encourage you to come forward. * Herman Cain’s attorney to victims of abuse: We encourage you to think twice about coming [...]
As The Broad Side is getting off the ground, our hope is to bring you not only amazing content with the posts you’ll find here every weekday, but also to share the best from the around the web on issues that women (and a few very cool guys!) are writing about. This week there was [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- Will My Ice Floe Have Starbucks and Wi-fi? May 15, 2013
- The Doubled Edged Sword of Murder Charges Against Ariel Castro May 21, 2013
- What is REALLY Important to Military Families May 21, 2013
- College Debt Has a Female Face May 20, 2013
- Workers Have Advice for President Obama May 20, 2013
- President’s Woes Don’t Equal Watergate May 18, 2013
- Gena: P.S. Code switching is not slang. It is the abilit...
- Saad: My dear, excuse my typos... I certainly didn't p...
- deb: Hi Jamie, As you can imagine, we will have to a...
- Gena: Excuse me. The word is spelled English. Now being ...
- Saad: That is ignorant, Gena. I happen to know the OLDES...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter