The latest in the how-can-they-market-this flaps on the Internet has to do with Victoria’s Secret—and its PINK line marketing come hither panties to very young, as in ‘tween girls. Do you want examples of come hither? Try, “I dare you,” or “Let’s make out” emblazoned across the panty’s crotch. I am guessing most of the [...]
It seems that someone is always talking about the supposed death of feminism. The kids don’t relate to the big, bad F-word anymore. Younger generations are self-absorbed and apathetic. Oh, the “Sex and the City,” the “Girls,” the blogging, the stilettos, the Spanx. No one cares about the real work of feminism anymore. We just [...]
Ainsley and I were in the New York Times Magazine on Friday. It was risky and scary, though important, because the topic was early puberty. TGR Body, our craptastic-ingredient-free skincare line (many skincare products are thought to have toxins that interfere with hormones), and The Girl Revolutionwere both highlighted. I’ve researched the issue and shared [...]
There are many great women’s voices at iVillage as part of a series called iVoices. They weigh in on a variety of topics. Many have been talking about the election, but this week iVoice Brandi Jeter posted a very thought-provoking video on the murder of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Florida. What do you think? I [...]
In my life, it has been the year of the girl for a long time now, ever since the first of my three daughters was born. “Girls!” we often scream when the decibel levels rise about the red line on an audiometer. When you have three daughters you inevitably are surrounded by multitudes of [...]
If the big, bad interwebs had been a thing when my middle school calorie counting was veering into full-blown eating disorder territory, I would almost certainly have found myself in the pro-ana and pro-mia universe, a vast network of websites dedicated to promoting anorexia and bulimia as lifestyle choices. I would have been the perfect [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- When Big Pharma “Strong” Arms Mothers, We All Lose May 6, 2013
- President’s Woes Don’t Equal Watergate May 18, 2013
- Angelina the Amazon May 17, 2013
- 6 Things You Need To Know Right Now: Scandals Abound! May 17, 2013
- The IRS & the Tea Party: Nonprofits Need More Scrutiny, Not Less May 17, 2013
- “Weigh-cism” in America May 16, 2013
- Veronica Arreola: Thank you! Brenda just sent me this link to a woma...
- Bernadine Spitzsnogel: What a terrible choice these women are forced to m...
- Bernadine Spitzsnogel: Will just makes me laugh out loud....
- Holly: Great summary of in real life scandals....
- Gena: No. I will not stop being African-American, Black ...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter