While at the BlogHer’12 conference this past summer, I attended a fantastic panel on social media and electing women to public office. During and after the panel, there was a lively Twitter thread happening, in parallel, on the topic. You can read the whole thread by searching for #BH12ElectWomen. It includes panelists, members of the [...]
Who could be better as a Republican vice presidential pick than a young, attractive, up-and-coming rising star who happens to be a woman of color, a mom of young children and the governor of an important Southern state? The GOP is sorely in need of repairing the damage it’s done to itself with the “woman’s [...]
Who’s getting in our way when it comes to women in elective office? Ourselves, in many cases. Whether it be doubting that we can win, not wanting to leave our young children at home in the care of others while we’re on the campaign trail or in office, or whether we just don’t think we [...]
Men still rule the school when it comes to the world of politics. I know that’s not really news, but it’s good to have someone do a study about this sort of thing just to remind us that the more things change (there are more women in elective office today than a couple of decades [...]
Women are running for office in record numbers in 2012. Claire Dunphy just announced for city council in her suburban Los Angeles enclave. Leslie Knope is running for mayor in Pawnee, Indiana, and she already has a web site to prove it. Sue Sylvester’s Ohio congressional run is well under way. And Diane Lockhart is [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- When Big Pharma “Strong” Arms Mothers, We All Lose May 6, 2013
- President’s Woes Don’t Equal Watergate May 18, 2013
- Angelina the Amazon May 17, 2013
- 6 Things You Need To Know Right Now: Scandals Abound! May 17, 2013
- The IRS & the Tea Party: Nonprofits Need More Scrutiny, Not Less May 17, 2013
- “Weigh-cism” in America May 16, 2013
- Veronica Arreola: Thank you! Brenda just sent me this link to a woma...
- tinfoil hattie: Oh, I so,relate to that. And I am so sorry for you...
- Bernadine Spitzsnogel: What a terrible choice these women are forced to m...
- Bernadine Spitzsnogel: Will just makes me laugh out loud....
- Holly: Great summary of in real life scandals....
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter