So I had a few things to say the other day about how I felt after seeing President Obama speak at Colorado State University. But after hearing the speech, I have a few more things to say: Vagipolitics And women, oh dear women. Let’s not be histrionic about our reproductive rights. Mitt Romney has no power over [...]
“The Republican platform and the speaker lineup for the Republican National Convention demonstrate a fundamental disregard for women and women’s health.” Spoken by the president of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, we can safely assume that the speaker is most interested in reproductive health policy. I argue that too often we conflate attention to and [...]
Trigger Warning: This post references the Jerry Sandusky case and discusses sexual assault in general terms. The political chattering class is reeling after Senate candidate Rep. Todd Akin (R-MO) went on tv and made the following statement regarding pregnancy as a result of rape: “First of all, from what I understand from doctors, (pregnancy from [...]
If you maybe want a baby—and you have the means—you have options these days. IVF. Donor eggs. Surrogates. Or if your parents have the means, would-be grandparents have started to pay for freezing of “just in case she gets too old” eggs for later use for their daughters, although this route remains untested for its [...]
American families across the country are breathing a major sigh of relief. The Supreme Court has ruled that the Affordable Care Act (otherwise known as “Obamacare“) is constitutional and that Congress was within its power to mandate that Americans buy health insurance or be subject to a financial penalty. Now, there are all sorts of [...]
Election Year 2012 marches on to November. Here and there social causes are used as political footballs. Some candidates surviving the latest tackle will see a few more yards. But there is one national issue that we, particularly women of all ages, cannot allow to be benched – health care insurance and the basic reforms [...]
Ainsley and I were in the New York Times Magazine on Friday. It was risky and scary, though important, because the topic was early puberty. TGR Body, our craptastic-ingredient-free skincare line (many skincare products are thought to have toxins that interfere with hormones), and The Girl Revolutionwere both highlighted. I’ve researched the issue and shared [...]
I first published the following on my blog a year ago. At that time, I was watching the laws I mention in the post unroll across the feminist landscape with horror and a growing resignation that rolling back this tide of anti-choice legislation in the states was going to be a decades-long struggle. I had [...]
The contraception debate has caused women to sit up and take notice of the presidential race, if they weren’t already paying attention. I realize it’s a little hard to get excited about this primary season. But mess with a woman’s reproductive rights and you stir up a hornet’s nest. It has served as fuel for [...]
- I Want My Mother Back May 10, 2013
- Charles Ramsey and the Racial Language Barrier May 16, 2013
- Brave’s Merida is Herself Again. But for How Long? May 14, 2013
- When Big Pharma “Strong” Arms Mothers, We All Lose May 6, 2013
- Can “Maybe” Empower Our Children in Times of Fear? May 13, 2013
- Workers have advice for President Obama May 20, 2013
- President’s Woes Don’t Equal Watergate May 18, 2013
- Angelina the Amazon May 17, 2013
- 6 Things You Need To Know Right Now: Scandals Abound! May 17, 2013
- The IRS & the Tea Party: Nonprofits Need More Scrutiny, Not Less May 17, 2013
- Veronica Arreola: Thank you! Brenda just sent me this link to a woma...
- tinfoil hattie: Oh, I so,relate to that. And I am so sorry for you...
- Bernadine Spitzsnogel: What a terrible choice these women are forced to m...
- Bernadine Spitzsnogel: Will just makes me laugh out loud....
- Holly: Great summary of in real life scandals....
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Follow @The_Broad_Side on Twitter