Hillary Clinton is widely rumored to be announcing her 2016 Presidential campaign this Sunday. The latest reporting suggests it will be a low-key affair followed by lots of pressing the flesh in the early primary states of Iowa and New Hampshire. What hasn’t been revealed yet is what form the announcement will take. Here are some ideas for what she could do.
1. Show up at Ted Cruz’s church, sit behind him with a sign saying “That’s right, Teddy, Keep praying…that I don’t kick your ASS!”
2. Tweet a picture of her granddaughter wearing a “My Mimi in 2016” onesie.
3. Change her relationship status on Facebook to read “It’s complicated but I want to be Commander in Chief.”
4. Get Putin to phone in to a Sunday morning talk show and ask any GOP guests how they feel about losing to a girl next year.
5. Send Rand Paul a postcard with the Aqua Buddah on one side and “LOLZ! See ya, wouldn’t wanna be ya! 2016, baby! Luv Hils” on the other.
6. Have Bill dust off his sax and play Hail to the Chief behind her as she walks around Times Square.
7. Hack into Sarah Palin’s web tv site and say “I’m running for President, you betcha!” and wink.
8. Get Anthony Weiner to tweet a photo of his underwear with a Hillary 2016 logo…On second thought. No. That’s a terrible idea.
9. Officiate a gay wedding and close it by saying “By the powers I hope to have vested in me by the United States electorate…”
10. Lip sync contest where Hillary performs “Don’t Stop Thinking About Tomorrow” and Fallon lip syncs to Hillary’s voice saying “I’m running for President!”
11. Have Monica Lewinsky give a TED Talk announcing Hillary’s candidacy.
12. Crash the opening monologue of SNL and say “Live from New York, I’m running for President!”
13. Guest appearance on Keeping Up With The Kardashians where she’ll say “You guys! I’m running for President! Bible!”
14. Guest appearance on 19 Kids and Counting where she says to Jim Bob Duggar “Not all Arkansas politicians are fundies like you. For example, I’m liberal as hell and I’m running for President.”
15. Have Chelsea update her LinkedIn profile to say “Once and Future First Daughter”.
Rebekah Kuschmider is a DC area writer with a background in non-profit management and advocacy. Her work has been seen at Babble, Huffington Post, Yahoo Shine, Redbook online, and The Broad Side. She is the creator of the blog Stay at Home Pundit and is a contributor to the upcoming book Love Her, Love Her Not: The Hillary Paradox (an anthology, SheWrites Press, Nov. 2015). You can follow her on Facebook and Twitter.