With the holiday weekend upon us, it might be time to have some fun and play a little game of “Who Said It?”
Being Secretary of State wasn’t always as glamorous or high profile for Hillary Clinton as some would have you believe.. Newly released e-mails that we’ve been sitting on the edges of our seats for — well, not me, but those crazy Republicans! — show a side of Hillary that some of us haven’t seen.
Mother Jones recently suggested that some of Hillary’s missives reminded them a lot of President Selina Meyer on HBO’s VEEP.
Meyer is about as prickly as they come for women regardless of whether she’s in the real or fictional political world. And Hillary is trying not to be, channeling her warm and fuzzy inner grandma at times. There is no doubt that this new crop of State Department messages show the truly human side of Hillary. And we’re pretty sure it’s just a matter of minutes until her opponents start making hay of anything slightly snarky they find.
So, we thought with the holiday weekend upon us, it might be time to have some fun and play a little game of “Who Said It?” See if you can figure out which quotes are from Madam Secretary and which ones are from the fictional Madam Vice President/President:
1. “Can you contact your protocol friend in China and ask him if I could get photos of the carpets of the rooms I met in … during the recent trip? I loved the designs.”
2. “I just want to eat in a quiet corner away from these bozos.”
3. On learning of a scheduled meeting that failed to make it on her calendar, “Can I go?”
4. “I’m used to dealing with angry, aggressive, dysfunctional men. I.E., men.”
5. “If men could get pregnant, you could get an abortion at an ATM.”
6. “What is the E3+3 vs the P5+1?”
7. On a magazine cover and article, where an aide called the picture gorgeous, “How does the article compare to the cover???”
8. On the media giving her coat a 77 percent approval rating, “Thnx. I bought the coat in Kabul … and thought it should get a chance to go home for a visit!”
9. “If you want to get some cardio exercise, you have to have a heart.”
We’ll post the answers in the comment section. No peeking!